Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Photogaphy

On Monday, I was planning on going to Windsor, Ontario to see the Detroit/Windsor firework show. The fireworks are on barges along the river that are shared by Windsor and Detroit and they shoot off right in the Detroit River, so both sides can see them. 


The curator at the Detroit Historical Society asked me to take a few pictures of the Detroit skyline while I was out there, since they are getting images together to use in displays when they re-open the Detroit Historical Museum in November. Since photography is a hobby of mine, I was pretty excited about this assignment soI borrowed a really nice camera from my boyfriend's father to take some great shots of the waterfront and skyline during the day. At night I used my cellphone camera to capture some of the fireworks and the skyline while the sun was going down, not thinking that they were anything the DHS would be interested in. 


I'm happy to report that the photos turned out pretty great, even the ones taken on my cell phone, minus a smudge here and there and a few tops of bystander's heads. 


Here are some of the images that I am proud of, both taken with my Android camera: 



And here is one taken with a really nice camera:



No comments:

Post a Comment